Terms and conditions
- About our Terms
You should read these Terms carefully before using the Site.
By accessing or using the Site or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by these Terms and the documents referred to in them.
If you do not agree with or accept any of these Terms, you should stop using the Site immediately.
If you have any questions about the Site, please contact us by:
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 0870 242 7160 (Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm).
Content means any text, image, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted to or on the Site;
Terms means these terms and conditions of use as updated from time to time;
Site has the meaning given to it in clause 1a above;
We, us or our means The Royal Anniversary Trust: registered charity 1,000,000 company and the registered address of which is at The Royal Anniversary Trust, Sanctuary Buildings (2nd floor), 20 Great Smith Street, London SW1P 3BT.
You or your means the person accessing or using the Site or its Content and
Submission means any text, image, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted by you or other users of the Site.
- Acceptable use
We permit you to use the Site only for personal purposes and primarily for accessing information about us. Use of the Site in any other way, including in contravention of any restriction on use set out in this Policy is not permitted. If you do not agree with the Terms of this Policy, you may not use the Site.
- Restrictions on use
As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree:
- not to use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful under any applicable law or prohibited by these Terms;
- not to use the Site to commit any act of fraud;
- not to use the Site to distribute viruses or malware or other similar harmful software code;
- not to use the Site for purposes of promoting unsolicited advertising or sending spam;
- not to use the Site to simulate communications from us or another service or entity in order to collect identity information, authentication credentials, or other information (‘phishing’);
- not to use the Site in any manner that disrupts the operation of our Site or business or the website or business of any other entity;
- not to use the Site in any manner that harms minors;
- not to promote any unlawful activity;
- not to represent or suggest that we endorse any other business, product or service unless we have separately agreed to do so in writing;
- not to use the Site to gain unauthorised access to or use of computers, data, systems, accounts or networks;
- not to attempt to circumvent password or user authentication methods; and
- to comply with the provisions relating to our intellectual property rights and software contained in these Terms.
- Linking and framing
You may create a link to our Site from another website without our prior written consent provided no such link:
- creates a frame or any other browser or border environment around the content of our Site;
- implies that we endorse your products or services or any of the products or services of, or available through, the website on which you place a link to our Site;
- displays any of the trademarks or logos used on our Site without our permission or that of the owner of such trademarks or logos; or is placed on a website that itself does not meet the acceptable use requirements of this Policy.
We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to the Site at any time, and you shall immediately comply with any request by us to remove any such link.
- Using the Royal Anniversary Trust’s and Queen’s Anniversary Prizes’ names and logos
You may not use our trademarks, logos or trade names except in accordance with this Policy and our general website Terms and Conditions of use.
We shall apply the terms of this Policy in our absolute discretion. In the event of your breach of this Policy we may terminate or suspend your use of the Site, remove or edit Submissions, disclose Submissions to law enforcement authorities or take any action we consider necessary to remedy the breach.
- Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
This Site and all intellectual property rights in it including but not limited to any Content are owned by us. Intellectual property rights means rights such as: copyright, trademarks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world). We reserve all of our rights in any intellectual property in connection with these Terms. This means, for example, that we remain owners of them and free to use them as we see fit.
Nothing in these Terms grants you any legal rights in the Site other than as necessary to enable you to access the Site. You agree not to adjust to try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Site (including any intellectual property notices) and any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the Site.
Trademarks: The Royal Anniversary Trust and Queen’s Anniversary Prizes are our trademarks. Other trademarks and trade names may also be used on this Site. The use of any trademarks on the Site is strictly prohibited unless you have our prior written permission.
- Submitting information to the Site
While we try to make sure that the Site is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you supply to us and therefore we cannot guarantee that it will be kept confidential. For that reason, you should not let us have any patentable ideas or patent applications, advertising or marketing suggestions, prototypes, or any other information that you regard as confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable (Unwanted Submissions). While we value your feedback, you agree not to submit any Unwanted Submissions.
We may use any Unwanted Submissions as we see reasonably fit on a free-of-charge basis (we have no way of knowing whether such information is confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable because we do not monitor the Site to check for these matters). Therefore, we will not be legally responsible for keeping any Unwanted Submissions confidential nor will we be legally responsible to you or anybody else for any use of such Unwanted Submissions.
- Accuracy of information and availability of the Site
While we try to make sure that the Site is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on this Site is at your own risk.
We may suspend or terminate operation of the Site at any time as we see fit.
Content is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our products and news, features, services and other websites that may be of interest. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purposes.
While we try to make sure that the Site is available for your use, we do not promise that the Site is available at all times nor do we promise the uninterrupted use by you of the Site.
- Hyperlinks and third party sites
The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites other than the Site. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third-party website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third-party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
- Limitation on our liability
Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for any losses that:
- were not foreseeable to you and us when these Terms were formed; or that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- business losses; and
- losses to non-consumers.
- Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these Terms caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes; breakdown of systems or network access; or flood, fire, explosion or accident.
- Rights of third parties
No one other than a party to these Terms has any right to enforce any of these Terms
These Terms are dated 1 July 2019. No changes to these Terms are valid or have any effect unless agreed by us in writing. We reserve the right to vary these Terms from time to time. Our updated terms will be displayed on the Site and by continuing to use and access the Site following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these Terms from time to time to verify such variations.
- Limitation on our liability
We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
If you are unhappy with us please contact us as soon as possible.
If you and we cannot resolve a dispute using our complaint handling procedure, we will:
- Let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you; and give you certain information about our alternative dispute resolution provider.
- If you want to take court proceedings, the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to these Terms.
- English law alone will apply to these Terms.